Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot to VM...with a difference

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

So I know how to get a mailbox for a hunt pilot, I would either use a routing rule to direct to a mailbox based on the HP number or use an alternative extension.

However we use a prefix mask in CUCM for our VM Pilots as our numbering overlaps.

Example.

Partition 1 uses extension number 3100 to 3110 and their VM profile has a mask of 111xxxx so the extensions for the mailboxes are 1113100, 1113101 etc etc.

Partition 2 also uses extension numbers 3100 to 3110 but their VM profile has a mask of 222xxxx so 2223100, 2223101 etc.

This works great until we forward a Hunt Pilot to Voicemail.

For some reason the mailbox mask is not being added so a Hunt Pilot in Partition 1 of 5001 would expect to be 1115001 once it reaches unity but this is not the case, its just coming through as 5001 without the prefix.

The Hunt Pilot is in Partition 1 and the CSS for the Call FWD is contains the correct VM pilot with associated profile.

If I add an alternative extension of 5001 to a user in Partition 1 and then call the HP, it directs to that users mailbox but if I add 1115001 as the alternative extension, it does not work.

Hopefully this makes sense...

Ta

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

In addition to the good ideas from my friend Chris (+5). I did work on a similar issue some time ago where we did come up with a workaround for the lack of VM profiles on Hunt Pilot Numbers;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11633201/voice-mail-profile-and-hunt-list

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Ok so I have just looked at the Port Monitor and when I dial the extension directly and it diverts to VM, I see the 'RedirectID' is set to 11113100 as expected.

However when I dial the hunt pilot, I just see 5001 as the RedirectID, its not adding the Voicemail Mask as per the VM Profile configuration for that CSS.

Interesting..

which voicemail profile is applied to the hunt pilot?

Alternatively if 5001 is unique you can simply add it as alternate extension to the mailbox you want to reach.

There is no VM profile assigned to the HP, I can't find an option to do so.

There is a CSS applied under the FWD No Answer and FWD Busy.

This CSS contains the main Voicemail Pilot partition which is the same one applied to the directory number that is part of the Hunt Pilots line group.

Unfortunately 5001 is not unique, hence needing to add the prefix before it hits Unity. It works fine for the normal extensions, just not for any of the hunt pilots which go to VM.

Thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

In addition to the good ideas from my friend Chris (+5). I did work on a similar issue some time ago where we did come up with a workaround for the lack of VM profiles on Hunt Pilot Numbers;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11633201/voice-mail-profile-and-hunt-list

Cheers!

Rob

Interesting, so it seems the issue is caused byit not having a VM profile to use other than the default, hence there being no digits being prefixed in my scenario.

Thanks both for your help