cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt pilot to voicemail help needed 9.1x

the-lebowski
Level 4
Level 4

I have a working CUCM/Unity 9.x and now trying to get a hunt pilot to eventually send the call to voicemail.

1. Hunt Pilot works as expected (ext 4788)
  2. Hunt Pilot is setup to Forward Busy and Forward Unanswered to a 4359 (unity mailbox I created - added alternate extension as 4788)

Voicemail never picks up, it just rings the allotted time, goes to dead air for a couple seconds then goes to a fast busy.   I also tried creating a dummy phone/DN (4359) and forwarding all to VM and set the hunt pilot forwarding to 4359 but same result.  

If I change the fwd settings on the hunt pilot to my main unity vm pilot # (03009999000) I get the generic welcome to unity message.  But I don't want that, I want these calls to drop directly into mailbox 4359 and then email any VMs left to a distro.

Can someone help me figure this out?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You want to set the call forward no answer and busy on the hunt pilot to go to the Unity pilot # and not 4359. The fact that you are getting the generic "welcome to Unity" message is good in that you know you're almost there. Unity must not be seeing the proper number coming through when the hunt (4788) is routing through to it or the Alternate Extension for 4788 under 4359 is not working properly. You can use the tool (link below) to see what number is coming through to Unity on a forwarded call to see where the issue lies;

Port Status Remote Monitor for Connection (rPSM)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

Cheers!

Rob

Got it working.  

Used the VM Pilot number like you said then, in Unity, created a system call handler and forwarding routing rule.  Consisted of "user with mailbox: <4359 user>" and a routing rule for "Forwarding Station 4721".  

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

If you are running a cluster make sure you're looking at the active ports.

Cheers!

Rob