Replies

IBM Informix Connect software

tom
Level 1
Level 1

CM 6.1 Informix db ODBC

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Guys

Does anyone have a link or a download for IBM Informix Connect software? "Not a trial version." According to the website Querytool.com it says I need the IBM Informix Connect software.

Is anyone connecting to the Informix db in CM 6.1 now?

IBM Informix Connect software

Or

Informix Connect Runtime “I think”

Thanks, Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe CM offers a way to do direct ODBC connections from off box - Unity Connection does this via an ODBC proxy service (which has to be enabled and turned on - if off out of the box) - CM has not equivalent I don't think. You have to go through AXL or the like to get at their data.

For Unity Connection tools on www.CiscoUnityTools.com there are links to the client ODBC drivers needed to connect via the ODBC Proxy - this is not the full Informix Connect client installation package however.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe CM offers a way to do direct ODBC connections from off box - Unity Connection does this via an ODBC proxy service (which has to be enabled and turned on - if off out of the box) - CM has not equivalent I don't think. You have to go through AXL or the like to get at their data.

For Unity Connection tools on www.CiscoUnityTools.com there are links to the client ODBC drivers needed to connect via the ODBC Proxy - this is not the full Informix Connect client installation package however.

I think you are right. No more query analyzer like in SQL. Do you know of any good AXL tools?

Thanks Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: