cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

idivert on a ext where no vm configured

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

CM 4.2 and Unity 4.2,if a phone doesn't have vm, and the user press idivert when incoming call comes in, where this call will go? I know if there is vm for that ext, then it will send to vm box right away. But in this case no vm, will Unity look at call routing rule? if yes, then is direct routing rule or forwarding rule?

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the user able to press the iDivert button when a call comes in if they're not configured with voice mail? I don't think the button will even be available, or if it is, it won't respond to anything. I had someone test this real quick and their iDivert button was greyed out. Maybe someone else with more Call Manager experience may be able to shed more light.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

Brad, thanks for looking into this:

So in your test:

were you able to press the idivert button if vm is configured for that ext?

No, it was greyed out and wasn't available.

Brad

Brad, here is the reason why your greyed out. voicemail profile needs to be assigned for this ext. So even this user doesn't have mailbox as long as it assignes voicemail profile, it should be activated.

Immediate Divert Phone Display Messages

Immediate divert displays the following messages on the IP phone to indicate the status of an immediate divert action:

•Key is not active-The voice-messaging profile of the user who pressed iDivert does not have a voice-messaging pilot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmfeat/fsimmdiv.html

Chances are, if the user has a profile configured and they aren't a user in Unity, they will hear the default Opening Greeting since there is no user configured in Unity for that particular extension.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: