Views
Helpful
Replies

IE Security Warning - Forwarded Voice Message

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello all -

ViewMail 4.2, Outlook 2003 SP1, forwarded voice message received by user migrated this past weekend from one domain/Exchange admin group/Unity server to new domain/Exchange admin group/Unity server. Unity servers both 4.2(1) digitally networked; Exchange 2003 SP2 offbox. User was deleted from old Unity and reimported into new Unity after account was moved with ADMT tool, which preserves SID history. When user opened forwarded message, received Internet Explorer security warning: Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result the page may not display correctly. User replys OK to warning message and can then play ViewMail Media Master control OK. I had user send me the message and I get the same error opening on my PC (we're in the same domain and Unity server now). However, if I forward a voice message to a user in the same domain and Unity server, NOT migrated via ADMT, he does not get any warning. IE warning message attached to this post. IE ActiveX security update has not been applied to either of our workstations. Not sure if related, but I have an open TAC case 603516707 whereby GSM and cross-box login are also broken for the users that were migrated this past weekend. Thanks for any help in advance.

Ginger

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I just had a brainstorm on the way home and wanted to post an update. I just realized the user's PC still is using the old Unity server certificate for ciscopca. I am going to try these procedures in the morning with the user's PC and will retest.

Step 1 On the subscriber workstation, log the subscriber off of the Cisco PCA and close the browser.

Step 2 Browse to the C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files directory.

Step 3 Right-click AvMediaMasterCtrl Class and click Remove.

Step 4 Open a command prompt window and browse to the C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files directory.

Step 5 At the command prompt, delete AvMediaMasterCtrl.ocx if it is present.

Step 6 If there are any subdirectories beginning with "CONFLICT" (for example "CONFLICT.1"), delete AvMediaMasterCtrl.ocx from the CONFLICT directories.

Step 7 Log off of the subscriber workstation.

Reload the media master control file for the new Unity server. I will report back here.

Ginger

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Posting an update to the TAC case 603516707 I posted earlier about GSM and cross-box login problems with the migrated users. I fixed the GSM problem today. I found the DC/GC Reconnect pointing to different servers. I updated to be the same on the original Unity server. I then resynch'ed GC using DOHProptest. Shortly afterwards, the GlobalSubscriber table was populated with the migrated users pointing to the new Unity server and cross-box login tested successfully. As for the ActiveX problem, I had the user reload the Media Master ActiveX from the new Unity server, but he was still getting the security warning opening a forwarded voice message. His ViewMail client is 4.0(5). We are going to upgrade to 4.2 and retest.

Ginger