Views
Helpful
Replies

IM and Presence Contacts

orddie234
Level 7
Level 7

Hi All,

still very new to IM and presence and was looking to better understand how the contact lists are generated.  I'm using jabber for both windows and mac and so far...  all contacts are blank evan when trying to use the built in search tool.

I have setup an ldap server and according to the system trouble shooter...  its working as expected.  The users are added to the AD group , but the contact list is blank.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using EDI or UDS integration?

What is your service profile in CUCM defined as?

Can you post your jabber-config.xml?

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using EDI or UDS integration?

What is your service profile in CUCM defined as?

Can you post your jabber-config.xml?

Chris

-> When you log in to jabber for windows ; does it displays your first name / lastname; if not then the contact resolution is not working with jabber. You will need to configure the directory integration for jabber for windows to do contact resolution ; only then the search for contacts through jabber for windows will work. Here is document that you may refer to;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_0111.html#CJAB_RF_D58372FF_00

- please rate if this helps.

spot on as always chris!  Taking a look at the XML file i noticed a password difference between what the xml file and what AD had.  Corrected and im good to go again.