Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IM and presence server 9.x integration with postgresql for IM logging/compliance but no data is being recorded in the postgresql Database

Hello Every, 

I have an IM&P that is integrated with Postgresql linux based server.   on The IM and P server I can see that the remote slq database is showing as pingable and the connection status is all active and the troubleshooter does not show any errors. In the compliance section of the IM&P, I have selected Postgresql database as the database to use. 

However, When I go into the postgresql server, all the tables are empty. yet, there are jabber conversations going on in the cluster.  I have checked logs from IM&P server and I did find any log that even told me that the presence server was sending data to the postgresql DB. 

So my question is, can anyone advise me on what logs I should be looking at to confirm what the IM&P is doing: whether it is trying to log data to the remote postgresql database or not. 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Two basic questions to get

Two basic questions to get started:

1. Is the Cisco XCP Message Archiver service activated and started?
  2. Did you restart the Cisco XCP Router service after doing the configuration?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or

Hi Honathan,  The XCP message

Hi Honathan, 

The XCP message Archiver is started and I have just carried out a full server reboot. 

Thanks 

We just enabled Message

We just enabled Message Archiving to a postgresql database yesterday morning, and I'm experiencing the same thing.  System Troubleshooter indicates that everything looks good regarding connectivity to the database, the appropriate tables were created in the database when I initiated the connection, but no IM traffic is being logged to the "jm" table.  I've restarted the XCP Router service, as well as the MA service, but I'm still getting nothing logged to the database.  I've NOT restarted both by PUB and SUB nodes yet, but don't really feel that will be the solution.

For the records, we're running CUP 8.6.4.11900-1

Did you find a solution yet?

Chad

Views
Helpful
Replies