Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IM & Presence only deployment on existing CUCM 9.1

Hi,

At my place of work we have an existing CUCM 9.1 installation without any IM, Presence or Directory Sync/Auth set up. It's purely telephony with unity connection for VM.

I've been tasked with setting up Jabber in a purely IM & Presence role, to which I've been following the "Configuration and Administration of IM and Presence Service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release
9.1(1)" guide, specifically the IM-Only Deployment Workflow on starting on page 41.

One of the first tasks is to enable Directory Sync & Auth. If I enable these features, will it have any adverse effect on the existing user accounts on the CUCM system, or prevent non-directory logins?

Are there any other gotcha's I should be aware of when deploying Jabber (in IM & Presence only mode) on an existing CUCM installation?

All feedback is greatly appriciated.

Many thanks,

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

No, CUCM 9.x+ can have

No, CUCM 9.x+ can have internal and LDAP users at the same time, users who match the UserID Vs. what you have in LDAP, will be updated with the LDAP info. And only those will rely on LDAP for authentication.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

No, CUCM 9.x+ can have

No, CUCM 9.x+ can have internal and LDAP users at the same time, users who match the UserID Vs. what you have in LDAP, will be updated with the LDAP info. And only those will rely on LDAP for authentication.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Hi Jamie,Thank you for the

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for the reply.

As that is the case, will users who have a matching UserID in LDAP be required to use AD auth on desk phones? I'm just trying to figure out what might break if I enable LDAP Sync/Auth.

If LDAP Sync/Auth is only for IM, that's fine - I need to not disrupt the telephony side of things.

Many thanks,

Craig

Cisco Employee

Any user that matches a

Any user that matches a userID on LDAP will be an LDAP user, if you turn on LDAP sync/auth, they will depend on LDAP, whether they're using IM or not.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies