Views
Helpful
Replies

IM& Presence Server - Login Fail

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All Collaboration Experts,

I just built up two IM& Presence Servers to integrate with the CUCM cluster. It is fail to login with LDAP users through the Presence server, but it  can login with Local users through the Presence server and it can login with LDAP users through the CUCM. Any ideas for that?

I discovered the error of the Presence server showed as below: (Is it related?) (I attached the image to this post)

3 Replies 3

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the port number that the LDAP authentication uses in call manager. If by any chance this is set to 636 or 3269 ( SSL) ; then you will need to get the SSL certificates installed in the CUPS server as well before the jabber can authenticate.

If the port number is 389 or 3268 and still the jabber refuses to connect with the AD credentials ; can you ensure that you can login to the cupuser page of the presence server with the same credential.

As I see, the CUCM cert. was installed the CUPS servers already. Do you mean the LDAP SSL Certs.? Should I installed the LDAP SSL Certs. to the CUPS servers?

i am not sure what do you mean by CUCM certificate installed on the cups server?

As far as the LDAP certificate is concerned; you will only need this provided you have LDAP access configured for SSL with port 636 or 3269; if not then you dont need this certificate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: