Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&Presence Subscriber Installation Failure

buggs2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm having an issue trying to install a new IM&Presence server into an existing cluster and was hoping someone could provide insight into what may be going wrong. It's a pretty small cluster composed of 4 servers; 1 CUCM PUB, 2 CUCM SUBs and 1 Presence server. I'm trying to add a new Presence server to provide HA, but the installation keeps failing towards the very end when it's installing the database components. Here are the details:

1.The cluster is running the latest version of 10.5.2.

2. Each time I've tried to reinstall the new server, first I shut down the failed VM and remove it from the datastore. I then remove the old instance in the CUCM administration System>Server list, re-add it as an IM&Presence node and retry the installation. When re-adding to the sever list I use the IP address instead of domain name.

3. DNS and reverse DNS lookup is configured and working properly for the new Presence server and all other nodes in the cluster.

4. The new installation seems to pass all network, validation and security checks with no issues, but fails during the later portion of trying to install the database components.

5. I rebooted the CUCM Publisher thinking that there may have been a stale entry for the new Presence server, but the installation still fails after the reboot.

6. I've attached a screenshot of the error message I continue to get once the installation fails.

Any help or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. I've been pulling my hair out for the last few days trying to figure it out but so far I haven't had any luck.

Thanks everyone!

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

After deleting the IM&P sub entry from System > Server you can check the output of run sql select * from processnode to see if it has been removed and then reboot the CUCM Pub, once it comes up reboot the IM&P Pub, once it is up and running add the IM&P subscriber entry on CUCM Pub and verify it by the same command and then proceed with installation. In case of any issues you need to get the install logs to troubleshoot any further.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: