Views
Helpful
Replies

IM & Presence Subscriber not backing up in DRS

Jason Ward
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently built two IM & Presence 9.1 servers (Pub and Sub) for a customer, but am having issues when I try and backup. The Pub backs up fine, but I receive the following errors for the Sub:

"Unable to contact server. Master or Local Agent could be down"

I have tried restarting the Master and Local DRF services on the Sub and Pub, along with restarting both servers, but nothing has helped. Both servers are on the same network, database replication is fine, can't see anything that would interrupt traffic between the two.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

This could be an ipsec trust cert issue.

Download the CUP Publisher IPSec certificate through OS admin GUI (Security > Certificate mgmt > Find > "ipsec.pem" > download. Download to PC/Laptop.
Then go to each node of the cluster (including CUP Pub) and upload "ipsec.pem" as ipsec-trust through OS admin GUI (Security > Certificate mgmt > upload cert > Certficate Name = ipsec-trust > Browser the PC where ipsec.pem was downloaded > Upload file).

Then restart the DRF master and local service.

Let us know if it helps.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Performed those steps but unfortunately it has made no change. Cheers though, appreciate the try :)

Jason

Hi Jason,

Have you tried a restart of DRF services on both the Pub and Sub after uploading the new cert of Sub. If yes, i'll check what else can be done and get back on this.

Manish

FYI, here is the bug that i referenced

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCua09717/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Manish

Hi Jason,

have you solved this issue by now? I have the same issue, also with CUPS 9.1

The bug says that 9.1 has it fixed, well: No! And that's why the workaround won't work.

I'd appreciate your solution.

Thanks!

Jason Ward
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yes, downloaded from the pub, uploaded to pub and sub, then restarted drf master and local on both.

Thanks,

Jason