cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import Exchange User broken after upgrade from 3.1(5) to 4.0(3)

Vance Krier
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

We recently upgraded from Unity UM 3.1(5) to UM 4.0(3). Everything seems to be working well except we have lost the ability to 'import existing Exchange user' from the Add User screen.

When that page comes up, it seems to sort-of half load and none of the drop down boxes contain anything.

I checked the 'DefaultDomainController' reg entry and it is current and pointing to a valid and active DC/GC.

I was able to successfully import a user using GSM.

Any ideas how to resolve the issue with the Import web page?

Thanks,

Vance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Engineering special 76 is now available for download. Please contact TAC

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have 4.0(3)SR1? We found a defect (CSCee05967) after releasing SR1 that can use this to occur in certain domain configurations. We have created CiscoUnity4.0(3)_ES70 to address this issue. If you do have 4.0(3)SR1 please contact TAC and ask for the ES.

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

You nailed this one right on the head. After applying SR1, the page started returning a 'page cannot be displayed error'. After applying the ES70 patches, the search page started working correctly again.

Well, mostly correct. We still have one minor problem. If we do a search that returns more than one page worth of results (*), and we hit the 'next' button, it bombs with the 'page cannot be displayed' error. This isn't a huge issue as we can just narrow the search and everything works correctly, however, the customer would still like to see this minor issue corrected if possible.

Thanks,

Vance

I would recommend escalating this to TAC as we will need to have traces collected and analyzed.

Enable the AvRDBSvr and AvSADBConn traces from UDT, start a new set of trace log files and then perform the test. Collect the last 2 sets of logs under AvcsMgr. In addition to this on the SA page with the error, select this page and:

1) click the right mouse button, select View Source and save this to a file.

2) click the right mouse button, select Properties and where it says Address (URL) select all the text to the right of this - this will be over multiple lines so you may want to scroll down and save it to a file.

Send all this information to TAC.

Please ignore my earlier post. I was able to repro the issue in-house and have opened up a defect to track the issue: CSCee17914

Engineering special 76 is now available for download. Please contact TAC

Wow...thats service! Thanks for the help. I'll get the ES applied asap and report back.

Thanks,

Vance

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vance -

Are you running 4.0(3)SR1? After applying this service release, we ran into a bug which was corrected by engineering special 70. Problem was same as you are seeing, unable to import an existing Exchange user from the SA. I would check with TAC.

Regards,

Ginger

Had a chance to apply ES76 tonight and it corrected the problem as advertised. Thanks again for the help.

Vance

I am experiencing a similar problem, having just upgraded from 3.1(4) to 4.0(4). When I try to import a user from Exchange, I get a "Page Can Not be Displayed" error. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Darin

goodwinscottns
Level 1
Level 1

This is an old thread but we just ran in to this problem. Be sure to try this:

Run RegEdit on the Unity server. Search for "DefaultDomainController". In our case there were two different domains defined so this registry entry appeared twice.

The entry should contain the name of a valid, current domain controller visible to Unity.

The problem we ran into was that the domain controller Unity was using was retired. As soon as the domain controller went off line, the "import exchange user" function stopped working.

I changed the entry in the registry and did not have to reboot Unity to fix the problem.

Hope this helps someone else...