Helpful
Replies

Importing AD Users into Unity 4.1(1)

satcom2k
Level 1
Level 1

Problem Details: I am currently having an issue where when I wish to import and

existing active directory user with a mailbox into Unity via the Unity admin

interface Unity seems to only look at one of the message stores (ExchangeSrv03) and

will not find users on either of the other two message stores and therefore

will not return a users when attempting to search for the user. I am able to

create new users via the Unity admin interface in any of the three Exchange

messages stores in our environment (ExchangeSrv01, ExchangeSrv02, and ExchangeSrv03) by

selecting the message store to create the user in (so Unity does recognize the

fact that I have the three message stores); but this does nothing more then

create a duplicate (read as similar account is created). This functionality

worked prior to upgrading to 4.1(1) from 4.0(4) without issue.

The steps I have taken to troubleshoot this issue so far are; 1) I have

restarted Unity (this did not work; same results); 2) I have rerun the lastest

version of the permissions wizard and verified that I have select all three of

the message stores and the permission wizard ran successfully. I am currently

at a loss as to what the problem could be and this is causing production

issues.

If anyone has had this experience or can offer an insight on what the problem may be.

Unity v4.1(1) on Win2k3

Exchange 2003 SP1 on each exchange server

Single message store per server in use.

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you upgrade from E2K to Exchange 2003? or just apply the latest SP1 service pack? All Exchange versions and SPs on Unity, must match the Exchange production servers. So if you have Exchange 2003 SP1 on the three Exchange servers, make sure Unity has the same Exchange Admin verison and SP1.

Check your DNS settings that all of AD is functioning properly. Most of the time, it is some DNS issue not resolving a server name correctly or in a timely fashion.

Check your Event Log on each of the servers to make sure some Unity Services account is not being denyed permission.

The permissions wizards you ran, make sure it is the latest and greatest. You can download the newest version at www.ciscounitytools.com

hope this helps

The Exchange 2003 SP1 [Version 6.5 (Build 7226.6 Service Pack 1)] infrastructure was in place prior to the Unity 4.0(4) install and and since the 4.1(1) upgrade; the 4.0(4) install also used the Exchagne 2003 SP1 admin interface. All servers are reachable and DNS resolvable from the Unity server. The functionality works on 1 out of the 3 exchange servers and there is nothing different between the servers.

Just as an FYI to anyone else who is having this problem the issue has been resolved; apparently during the Uninstall of 4.0(4) there were some users whose "subscriber" attributes were not removed; used the "RemoveSubscriberProperties.exe" tool and now those users can be imported without issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: