cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing Exchange User

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I have this very bizarre situation...I have one user I cannot import into Unity. I can import all other users from the same domain without issue. There doesn't appear to be apermissions issue. I attempt to search for the user's alias, and Unity returns no results. I have checked AD to confirm that the user alias is correct. I also checked Unity to verify the user is not listed in Unity by chance.

I have no idea why Unity can't seem to find this user...

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think you can go to \CommServer\Utilities\RemoveSubscriberProperties and copy the whole folder and run the exe on a domain controller for your other domain.

It will not hurt anything anyway. If the user has a bunny head he has Unity propeties and they need to be removed. just right click on the user name.

rlp

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you tried using the Remove Subscirber Properties tool or this functionality now built in to GSM?

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BunnyKiller.htm

Hope this helps.

Brandon

The user is in a different domain than the Unity Server. This tool only pulls in the users from the domain in which it resides.

I think you can go to \CommServer\Utilities\RemoveSubscriberProperties and copy the whole folder and run the exe on a domain controller for your other domain.

It will not hurt anything anyway. If the user has a bunny head he has Unity propeties and they need to be removed. just right click on the user name.

rlp

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You say you don't think it's permissions. Double check the user's AD permissions in the security tab of their properties in AD Users and Computers. If there is not UnityDirSvc in the permissions, you can't import it using SAweb. If it's not showing up as being available for import in SAweb, then yes, you need to use the Remove Subscriber Properties tool to get whatever is in Unity so far regarding this user out of the system. Was this person every a Unity subscriber before?

Tray

Yes, they were a subscriber before.

If it was a subscriber before, then removesubscriberproperties utility should fix it for you as suggested by bbuffin.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: