cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing Subscribers from Active Voiec VM System

zulfi
Level 1
Level 1

We are int the proccess of replacing our Active Voice Mail system with Unity connected to NEC PBX.

What I need to find out what information do I need from old VM system (i.e user ID, ext, fist-last name) inorder to import to Unity; Also what is the tool like BAT that I can use with Unity 4.0 to Import the information.

TIA,

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yup, just use an excel sheet to create the headers you want.

LAST_NAME

FIRST_NAME

DTMF_ACCESS_ID

ALIAS (try to match the alias to your production exchange server to ease into UM at a later date.)

If you are picking about the AD accounts, create them in AD, then go and import them from there. Unity creates the AD account with the display name of the alias.

Save your excel to CSV

import a couple to test.

Thanks... What Utlility do I need since I can't sind Bulk Import from www.ciscounitytools.com and what is the format in Excell, does Fist, Last, DTMF_ID, and Alias has to be in separate couloms ?

Thanks,

Here is an excel sheet example.

After you fill in the information, copy it to your Unity server desktop or c:\

at the console click on Start, Unity, Bulk Unity Import

Here you can import the CSV file you created from Excel. (dont save as Excel, save as CSV.) You also have the option to import from AD if you have them created there as well

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: