Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Importing users from Exchange - error

Unity 4.0(5) on MS Server 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2 on Server 2003 SP1

I am having trouble importing 3 users from Active Directory (Exchange) into Unity (UM installation).

I have succefully imported 150 users from the same OU within AD but receive the error below with the last three.

The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) failed to modify object. Type: AVOBJECTTYPE_MAILUSER Name: CN=A User, OU=AN OU, OU=Users & Groups, OU=Place, DC=myCompany, DC=local Reason: ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED: Access is denied. Domain Controller: server01.myCompany.local Possible causes include: 1) Network connectivity to the Domain Controller. 2) Insufficient rights for The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) account. Ensure that The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) can contact the Domain Controller and has sufficient rights to modify objects

I am almost 100% confident that this is and Active Directory issue.

The UnityDirServSvc account is used to logon the AvDSAD service and also appears in the mailbox rights of each user with the same permissions as all of my other users.

Has anyone else seen this or experienced similar problmes?

2 REPLIES

Re: Importing users from Exchange - error

Hi -

Using the ADUC MMC Advanced Features to display the Security Tab, check these users and make sure the Inheritance tab is checked (select the Advanced button on the Security tab). That's a good first place to check, especially because these users are in the same OU as those you were able to successfully import. Anything else different about these accounts - group membership, policies, etc?

Ginger

Re: Importing users from Exchange - error

Hi Ginger,

Thanks very much. As you suggested the three users that were causing me a problem did not have the inhertance tab checked.

Once corrected all is working fine.

Cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies