Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound PSTN Calls Drop

barrieabubakar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear
we are deploying CUCM 11 in our office the SIP Provider is EMC.

we can make Out Bound PSTN CALLs but cannot receive Inbound calls from PSTN.

we also connect to other branches around the  world when I make an on Net Call it Hit their Voicemail but I cannot dial and Extension at the prompt for call forwarding.

Please any advice .Note AM NEW TO CUCM 

thank u.

1 Reply 1

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You will need to get on you cube router and get the debug ccsip messages for looking into the outbound PSTN calls issue. Does the call hit the gateway what error code are you getting? Are you getting SIP 405s?

When you say you connect to other branches around the world, I am assuming this means that you have sites that are part of your cluster or distributed call routing not out the sip services provider. Is their voicemail system the same system you use or do they have separate remote ones set up?  Either way you are most likely hitting a dtmf relay issue with unity connection.  You will  need to describe you remote branch set up in more detail.  Could be a dial-peer pointing to unity connection at the remote site is not properly configured for dtmf relay.  Does it happen if you call from a cell phone into the site or is it just when you are calling from your cluster?

Last time I hit that problem it was SIP phones registered to CME could not use dtmf relay and it was simple as changing the relay on the phon itself.

dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml.

@barrieabubakar wrote:

Hi Dear
we are deploying CUCM 11 in our office the SIP Provider is EMC.

we can make Out Bound PSTN CALLs but cannot receive Inbound calls from PSTN.

we also connect to other branches around the  world when I make an on Net Call it Hit their Voicemail but I cannot dial and Extension at the prompt for call forwarding.

Please any advice .Note AM NEW TO CUCM 

thank u.