Views
Helpful
Replies

Info about hostname of Meeting Place Express

cisirunite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would know if it is possible to distinguish with two different names the server's hostname and the name on which the Meeting Place Express service runs.

Infact I want to configure a hostname in accordance with the internal politics of my organization (for example SRVMPXWEB) and a more readable name to be used for access to the system via the Internet (for example webconference.domain.com).

Is it possible?

Anyone knows if is this configuration possible with other Cisco Unified Communication Services (CUCM, Presence server, Contact Center Express)?

Thanks

antonio

2 Replies 2

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Antonio,

You can create multiple DNS entries for the Meeting Place Express ip address entry in DNS if this is what your inquiring.

hth, please rate

Regards,

Justin

srichardson
Level 4
Level 4

Antonio,

The big issue here is if you are enabling SSL for web conferencing/administration. When you name the Eth0 and Eth1 in MeetingPlace Express, those names are the names that will be used in the certificate generation. If you have chosen to use DNS to direct a URL that is different from the host name, the user will encounter and invalid certificate response. To my knowledge, there is no way to add an alternate DNS name in the certificate (subjectAltName)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: