cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

InformaCast 8.3 Basic Paging fails with Were sorry no devices could be activated. Your broadcast will not be completed.

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I setup InformaCast 8.3 Basic Paging with CallManager 9.1 using SIP 7965 phones.  The 7965s are in a Recipient Group with a DialCast number setup for that Recipient Group;

When I dial the CTI Route Point I hear;

Welcome to the  Singlewire Informacast System...ding..ding

Were sorry no devices could be activated. Your broadcast will not be completed.

15 Replies 15

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Verify SNMP and AXL connection between CUCM and IC, also do you have valid license?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I have the same problem with CUCM 9.1.2 and InformaCast 8.3 Basic Paging.

SNMP and AXL connection works. License are valid.

What can be wrong?

Verify that Web Access in enabled on the phones and the Authentication URL for http and https both point to http://IPADDRESS:8081/InformaCast/phone/auth

One additional late comment to this forum post train:  You may need to perform a Refresh Recipient Update to get the phones recognized by IC, especially if they power off (like wireless will do) or become unregistered.  Also check to make sure, if you are using Filters in your Recipient Group that it matches the coding on your CUCM, for example if your filter is using Description "contains" your Cisco phone description must match.

Denis

My name is Enrique Villasana.

Two years after your post, I have the same problem with CUCM BE6000 and Informacast ver10.0.2 ( " no devices could be activarted" message)

Do you remember how you solved this problem???

Thanks in advanced

Enrique

What model phones are you using?  Web access enabled on the phones?  Secure authentication URL listed correctly as the Informacast server on the phone's webpage?

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

Any resolution to this issue?

Thanks,

Amir

Amir,

The resolution I found was to go to

Admin || Dial Cast || Dialing Configurations || Recipient Groups

and add an recipient group previously created under Recipients || Recipient Groups

Restart the CTI route point in Call Manager that Informacast is using.

I also spanned the port on the phone and did a packet capture to see if IGMPv2 packets were being received properly before and after the fix was implemented.

Yangjp715
Level 2
Level 2

I have this problem too, i checked it again and again, reinstall it 3 times,but it still doesn't work, CUCM9.1.2, informaCast 8.4, any advice is appreciated.

See my comment on this thread.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Devices not activating is always due to web access not being enabled on the phones or the phones not having their authentication URL/ secure authentication URL pointed to the HTTP-only URL the Informacast system provides under the CUCM Cluster information.

I checked log file, it is authentication problem, It works now. Both the secure authentication URL and the authentication URL must be set to the the HTTP URL.

Narayan Dev Sarma
Spotlight
Spotlight

I found a way to fix this issue...just enable "Send Commands to Phones By JTAPI"

Admin --> Broadcast parameters...

This is a valid workaround if you don't want to enable web access on the phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: