cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Information needed for MOH

Hi,

I am running CUCM version 8.6 in my environment. Our clients are wants dynamic MOH to be implemented where it changes regularly. Could any one please tell me which third party (MOH) solution be used for it? Any recommendations from Cisco on integrating third party MOH solution with CUCM 8.6? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Rohit

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

One of our customers has the

One of our customers has the USB dongle that can be used to connect an external audio source. Not sure if that would do what you are looking for?

Have a look here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fsgd-802-cm/fsmoh.html

Cisco Employee

If running on MCS, as

If running on MCS, as mentioned below, you can use the USB dongle for live MOH and plug in whatever media player you want with the audio/music.

If running on UCS, you only option is multicast MOH coming from an  ISR, combined with the live audio feed config to also plug in the media player, or, I believe there are some 3rd party devices that can inject the multicast directly into the network, not sure about them being able to use a live feed though.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
5 REPLIES
Bronze

One of our customers has the

One of our customers has the USB dongle that can be used to connect an external audio source. Not sure if that would do what you are looking for?

Have a look here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fsgd-802-cm/fsmoh.html

Cisco Employee

If running on MCS, as

If running on MCS, as mentioned below, you can use the USB dongle for live MOH and plug in whatever media player you want with the audio/music.

If running on UCS, you only option is multicast MOH coming from an  ISR, combined with the live audio feed config to also plug in the media player, or, I believe there are some 3rd party devices that can inject the multicast directly into the network, not sure about them being able to use a live feed though.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

Hi,Thanks a lot mate for your

Hi,

Thanks a lot mate for your reply. I have got CUCM 8.6 running on VM. Do you think if I connect an external third party device (MOH) to the network, and point MOH server from CUCM to that device via the ip address? 

Cisco Employee

Any of the options are the

Any of the options are the same, you configure CUCM for multicast as in any other deployment, and then you match the same IP address/port you configured on CUCM, to the one of your ISR/3rd party device.

You only need CUCM to tell the phones to which IP/port to listen, they don't know/care who is streaming the multicast.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

Thanks Jamie for all your

Thanks Jamie for all your help.. This is really helpful. yes

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content