Views
Helpful
Replies

Install CUWL 9.x on CUCM 10.5

Bryan Wulfric
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Support Community,

I have CUWL 9.x PAK.Can i install that license on CUCM version 10.5?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

You should be ok to register the PAK, go to the licensing portal it will have a part number something like UCM9X or UCM10X 

The CUWL licenses should come over but there maybe a version license you may need updating. if you have a UCSS contract you can can update.

Hi heathrw,

Does it mean that i have to install CUCM version 9.x first then install the CUWL 9.x? After that i use UCSS to request upgrade media and upgrade license?

Thanks.

From my experience which is through upgrades CUWL is CUWL you will see them but cannot use them until you have the version key for the CM version connecting to the license manager.

You should be able to apply CUWL and get an upgrade key for version 10.x

I would recommend using Prime Licensing manager dedicated server than having all your licenses so if your call manager needs a rebuild you are not rebuilding your licensing server at the same time.

If you have your contract number use the Product Upgrade Tool (PUT) to order the new licenses it does not take long to turn around.

Good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: