cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

install Unity 5.0 Languages

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

Hello I'm installing Cisco Unity 4.0 VM Only, and I'd like to install other languages than US, but I had no other choice when came the moment to choose the languages.

I read some posts on the forum, but I'd like to be sure.

Does that mean that Cisco delivered me a DVD kit with the Unity US DVD only, and that I must download the German and French DVD on the CCO?

Thanks for your help

jp

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

When you run CUICA, you will get an option to Install Unity which is step 1 and there you can specify the languages you want install and select all the ones that are required. Once this is done, at certain intervals during the installation, it will prompt you to replace existing dvd1 with dvd 2 or 3 as required. If you look at the package that you ordered for Unity, the main 3 dvd's are install disc and localizations for Unity.

If you are doing the install with discs downloaded from CCO, yes then you may need to download DVD2/DVD3 etc.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks,

I only have one DVD of Unity in the Package. It should an oredering mistake.

I'll download the DVD and reinstall it.

Thanks

I have multiple sites with multiple languages required. I've had no issues in the past loading the extra langauages, but 5.01 is proving difficult.

I have the localization images downloaded foer each langauage needed, and licenses for multiple languages on each server. During the upgrade only English and English TDD

are offered, and of course the upgrade process does not appear to be 'upgrading' the existing alternate languages.

I was looking to see if I could find how/where the upgrade looks to see what languages should be offered for installation, but it is not jumping out at me.

Download DVD 1 from CCO again. The copy you have was released with the ENU only release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: