cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation CUCM 7.1 or 7.0 - "No driver found" MCS7828H3-K9-BE

uzair.ghias
Level 1
Level 1

I insert the CUCM 7.1 and 7.0 DVD in the tray of the server MCS 7828H3-K9-BE and I restart the server, so it boots from the that DVD. The wizard of the installation of Cisco Unified Communication is showed. The Wizard or Initial Configuration are showed, these Wizard are as following:

Choose Lenguage, Keyboard Type and Installation Method.

In the Installation Method, I select Local CDROM and OK, but the next message is showed:

No driver found

Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this installarion type.

Would you like to manually select your driver or use a driver disk?

I tried to select all driver in that list but not a single one it accepted and it giving error like "Not a valid driver"

Then i tried to find its compatible drivers from Cisco and hp support forum becasue its manufacturer is HP and same model is DL320G5 i tried its driver through floppy but still same issue It didn't detect driver.

Because of this, I have not made ​​progress in the installation.

you could give me any suggestions?

(I am using a MCS 7828H3-k9-BE Server).

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need the server firmware installation/upgrade from HP ILO to get it working. As the server is Cisco branded ( MCS ) & not directly purchased from HP, the right way to get the HP support engaged is to open a Cisco TAC case & then TAC engineer will open a support ticket with HP for you.

Please note, Business Edition 5000 is only supported on MCS 7828. Cisco Unified Communications Manager support of MCS 7828 is only allowed for migration off of a previously installed Business Edition 5000, where the MCS 7828 is to be re-used for Cisco Unified Communications Manager. New purchase of MCS 7828 is only supported for Business Edition 5000. please refer http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html , search for " MCS 7828 ".

Hope it helps

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

Hi Gajanan,

Thanks for your updates.

As i understand you mean to say We should use CUCM BE 5000 DVD rather than CUCM 6.0,7.0 or 7.1.As you mentioned in your thread "

Business Edition 5000 is only supported on MCS 7828. Cisco Unified Communications Manager support of MCS 7828 is only allowed for migration off of a previously installed Business Edition 5000 "

Its mean CUCM 7.0 or 7.1 OS can't support MCS 7828  and last installed version was CUCM BE 5000.On This stage we also not sure about last OS our customer only provided CUCM 7.0 and told us it came from same CM.

Could you please give me some more suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

ACS Systems.

Hi,

After searching for the workaround for this issue, came accros below discussions.

CSCsj62773:

CIA1145:allow CM standalone install on a 7828

--------------------------------------

We do not plan to sell 7828 as a Stand-alone CM only solution. CM support for 7828 is required only
for CMBE migrations. If the server fails, the customer has the option buy a service-only HW part
number (MCS7828I3-SS1) and install CM on it or replace it with a 7825.
If the customer has HW maintenance then we will have to replace it with a 7828 server.

Actually the 7828 is not the equivalent to the 7845 and here is why:

7828 has one processor and the 7845 has two 
7828 has one power supply and the 7845 has two 
7828 has non-redundant fans and the 7845 has redundant fans 
7828 only has iLO basic and the 7845 has iLO basic and iLO Advanced 
7828 uses a single NIC with no failover and the 7845 supports NIC teaming (failover) 
7828 has cold swap hard disks (got to power down to change disks) and the 7845 has hot-swap hard disks that can be changed while the server is running. 

Therefore the capability of the 7828 is no where near that of the 7845. 
The features included in the 7845 are there for a reason: CUSTOMERS WANT THEM.
The 7828 really is a server that is a 7825 with additional memory and hard disk.
What is the motivation for offering a 7828 as a standalone CUCM server when it is really
a more expensive 7825 with additional memory and disk that the customer does not need for CUCM
standalone.   Even if you position the 7828 against the 7835 it falls short in redundancy and
reliability.

after this CIA's implementation, the co-res DVD will offer as an install option CM standalone on a 7828. They will not have to buy a CM DVD

--------------------------------------------

Try installing standalone with the DVD came with CUCMBE.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts!!

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

If it is a MCS 7828 server, you should have used it atleast once for CUCMBE purpose, before using it only for CUCM installtion. Otherwise CUCM as a standalone software for the first time will not get installed.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: