cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation of Unity 5 without an Exchange

egads1973
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to build new CUCM system. This ia a complete stand alone without a MS Exchange. Looking for some assistance from anyhone that may have done this previously.

19 Replies 19

THX! I'm sure I'm not done with you yet, but at least I can move forward a bit today...

Randy, You have been most helpful but, as I said, I am far from done.

In the document I try to follow the steps, but I do not have a 'foret' so this is the first and only DC. ForestPrep failed and I also skipped the DomainPrep - same reason.

When loading the Exchange - all is fine until I try to extend the schema for Cisco Unity. errors 'Setup failed to initialize Acitve Directory' and logs shows spSchemaContainer->GetObject(CN=ms-Exch-Schema-Version-Pt) failed with error 0x80072030. Suggestions?

Ed, this is because forest prep and domain prep need to be successfully ran before the Unity schema extensions can be run. Customers who run into this issue have been told to go back and re-run these two Exchange-specific components per the installation guide which will allow the schema to be extended for Unity. Randy has already been very helpful with providing documentation, but I'll forward where this is done anyway:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/vmexnofo/5xcuigvmenofo060.html#wp1941181

Hope this helps out,

Brad

Also, if you are continuing to follow this thread - does Cisco have an A to Z roadmap type document that shows the events or configurations that have to happen in a logical sequence rather that the documents throwing to all over the place to more documents? Meaning from installing what software first, second, etc. Then in the CUCM, IPCC, Unity configurations - all of the dependencies that should follow a decent chain of events? Been reading all weekend and still wonder what button gets pushed first.

Ed,

No, there is not one document that lays out step by step simply because there are so many different ways to deploy Cisco products. The best way to get an overall high-level view would be to check over the usual Task List that's at the beginning of each doc.

Brad