Helpful
Replies

Integration of Unity 7.0 with Exchange 2007

mazenelhourani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I have been asked the following today.

Unity 7.0 is currently being configured and will be finished in the next couple of days. Also, another configuration of Exchange 2007 is being done and will be finished next week. I have been asked to do the integration between the two of them when they are done!

I was shocked because from what I know in my training and already implemented (on Unity 5.0, Exchange 2003), to do such integration, Exchange should be installed before Unity and the mailbox (Exchange) is chosen during the installation of Unity.

Is it possible to do such an integration AFTER both Unity and Exchange have been setup completely?

Best regards,

Mazen

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot finish a Unity install without running the MSCW and binding it to the partner server.

Even if you look at the install guides

Is BEFORE

Installing and Configuring Cisco Unity  Software

Installing and Configuring Cisco Unity Software

To install and configure Cisco Unity software, you use the Cisco Unity  Installation and Configuration Assistant to run seven programs in a  specific order. The programs:

Check the system and install the  Cisco Unity software.

Install the Cisco Unity licenses.

Configure the Cisco Unity services.

Configure Cisco Unity for the message  store.

Step 1 On the Configure the Cisco Unity Message Store  page, click Run the Cisco Unity Message Store  Configuration Wizard. (Note that you should be logged on to Windows  with the Cisco Unity installation account.)

Step 2 Confirm that Exchange is running on the partner  server that you chose in the "Determining  the Partner Exchange Server" section on page 6-2. If Exchange is  not running, configuring the message store on the Cisco Unity server  will fail.

They should have planned accordingly and installed Exchange in first place.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

If this is a fresh installation, you cannot complete the Unity setup without integrating with an existing Exchange environment.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot finish a Unity install without running the MSCW and binding it to the partner server.

Even if you look at the install guides

Is BEFORE

Installing and Configuring Cisco Unity  Software

Installing and Configuring Cisco Unity Software

To install and configure Cisco Unity software, you use the Cisco Unity  Installation and Configuration Assistant to run seven programs in a  specific order. The programs:

Check the system and install the  Cisco Unity software.

Install the Cisco Unity licenses.

Configure the Cisco Unity services.

Configure Cisco Unity for the message  store.

Step 1 On the Configure the Cisco Unity Message Store  page, click Run the Cisco Unity Message Store  Configuration Wizard. (Note that you should be logged on to Windows  with the Cisco Unity installation account.)

Step 2 Confirm that Exchange is running on the partner  server that you chose in the "Determining  the Partner Exchange Server" section on page 6-2. If Exchange is  not running, configuring the message store on the Cisco Unity server  will fail.

They should have planned accordingly and installed Exchange in first place.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If this is a fresh installation, you cannot complete the Unity setup without integrating with an existing Exchange environment.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi,

These are the answers I was expecting because I already installed Unity 5.0. Thank you guys. I was totally shocked in the meeting today to the extent that I thought I was totally ignorant in Unity!! For a second I thought it can be done in Unity 7.0.

So now all I should tell them is that they should repeat the Unity Installation? (I don't know how he said he already started it, because he should chose the message store in one of stages)

Thanks for the help guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: