cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercepting a caller while leaving a message

j.bilodeau
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0.5.My customer use to have the ability to intercept (to speak to)a call while the caller is leaving a message.(norstar). Is there a way to do the equivalent with Unity? Thanks

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity 4.2 will have this "message monitor" feature - you can listen to a caller leaving a message and optionally pull them out of the message inbox and talk to them live if you like.

There will also be a stretch feature in there called "remote message monitor" that will notify you on a device (cell phone) when someone is leaving you a message and let you monitor them and optionally pull them - this part may not make the 4.2 release.

Great...that was often asked. Do you know when 4.2 will be available...in french! Thanks!

Don't know the localization schedule, sorry - I believe 4.2 is set for FCS for ENU in mid Feb.

Did this feature make release 4.2; i did not see it in the release notes?

thanks

The message monitor and dropped call recovery both made the 4.2 release as "first look" features. Meaning you can turn them on and use them but they are not TAC supported. There are training videos out on the 4.2 TOI page you can check out for more details on how to do this:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/TOI_Unity42.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: