Views
Helpful
Replies

interclustering not working in CUCM 7 & 8.5

Roger B
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i am having CUCM 7 at my end and CUCM 8.5 at another location. Earlier i was able to make successfull  calls from either of clusters, but currently dial pattern has been change and i am not able to make calls from my CUCM cluster to another CUCM cluster.

I am having one another location and one trunk has been configured for the same and calls through that trunk are working fine.

I have just changed the dial pattern from one to another and not made any changes in trunks, route pattern,rute list or CSS. Can anyone guide here to what needs to be done to make successfull calls between two CUCMs clusters.

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What have you changed?

Make sure that the digit string you are dialing is configured as a route pattern pointing to the trunk. You can also use Dialed Number Analyzer to analyze it.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Customer have just changed the route pattern number 1241XXXX to 1201XXXX. In the dial number analyzer it does show that it is taking route pttern as 1201XXXX, but call is not getting connected. What can be the issue?

What are you expecting to see on the oher side, i.e. what number?  Ensure the SignificatnDigits are set properly on the other side's Trunk configuration.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have checked the configuration of trunk on other side and found it same. But other side CUCM is 8.5,so do wee need to enable any other service or what?

is it ICT h323 or sip??

can you attach the traces for one bad call to review??

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

it is ICT h323......

Previously route pattern was 40XXXX and nw it is 1241XXXX .i.e it changed fro 2 digit to 4 digit

Right, so what is the ICT set to use as significant Digits on the other side, under the ICT configuration there is a field called Significant Digits, what is it set to?

Chris