cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Accounts for Voicemail

mperbix
Level 1
Level 1

I have an occasional need to use an internet account in my unified messaging. I can add the account (Internet) and set it to my gmail account, and create the alias in Exchange (I then uncheck the show in email address book as to not confuse my other users).

When I go to leave a message I am getting an error in the Application log that states the message can not be deliverd, or Something in Unity may not be configured correctly.

Exactly how does internet messaging work, and what needs to be configured in a unified messaging environment? Is this using Exchange, or regular SMTP in a relay situation?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity is not direclty involved in the delivery of the message - Exchange delivers the message via SMTP - I suspect you're SMTP connector is not configured properly in Exchange and the delivery is failing as a result. If you open Outlook and send an email to any external account I'm guessing that will fail as well.

Actually it is working fine, as it my outbound notifications from unity. If I mark a message urgent, I get a text message on my phone that allows it to go. All regular email is working fine.

I did notice that outbound messaging did NOT work because I had a rule configured to only allow my dept to send messages to my phone, and since the email matched a defined contact in AD it failed cause "Unity Messaging System" did not have permission to send to that. Come to think of it, that might be the issue here too, I will have to see if the alias that is created by Unity when I create the account gives permission for the unity account to actually send mail to it.

I will let you know.