Helpful
Replies

IP Fax Outbound una to render messages.

neil.moore
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0.4

Hi Folks.

Inbound faxing working ok. Unity Outbound fax test is ok from the Unity server.

When I send an outbound fax from a subs inbox I get the following message back:

The fax you attempted to send could not be successfully delivered because attempts to render the attachment(s) were unsuccessful.

Detailed error information:

In the logs I'm getting a CIPFaxrenderer failed 0x80004005

Any hints\tips greatfully received.

Cheers,

NJ.

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What attachment(s) were involved?

I've tried .doc .txt and .htm

I also get the message if I just send a faxmail without any attachments!

I've gone through the Outbound troubleshooting guide & tried the manual render via the command line & that fails, but there's no recommendations as to what to try next. I've tried uninstalling the rendering sware & re-running the wizard & rebooting, same.

I don't have any document printers in my printers folder on Unity?

This is an Exchange 2000 site.

Cheers,

NJ.

Do you have the log files mentioned in the troubleshooting guide? The IPFaxsvc and the ODCD logs should help.

When you run CPCOM.EXE and it fails, what's it doing? You should see it spawn an application (e.g. notepad for .txt extensions) then it'll try to print that.

I've had the exact same problem. I thought it was a corruption in the IPFaxconfig executable, and reinstalled, but haven't been able to test since.

I tried several different attachments as well, and all had a rendering error.

I'll resume testing and provide more details as well.

In my case it transpires that when the Unity server was originally built it was not built using the correct Unity OS installation CDs (I'm innocent!). I had this referred back to the dev team & it looks like there's certain dlls that haven't been installed.

The cust is scheduling a re-build (using the correct procedure) & then I'll run this again.

Can you see a document printer in your printers folder? If not the rendering sware probably hasn't installed correctly.

Cheers,

NJ.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: