cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 2 Ext with 2 Voice Mail

douglashui
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CME + CUE. One IP Phone has 2 extension (1001 and 1002). Can I have voice mail 1001 and 1002 for this phone?

Any step to do this?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Although I do not have direct expertise with the Express versions, I know this is possible using CallManager and Unity. The issue you will have is with the IP phone. The MESSAGES button speed dial to voicemail only works for the primary extension. For the second extension to access voicemail, the user will need to dial the Unity hunt pilot extension. However, with training, this works fine for us. You would also want to update the IP phone's Message waiting system policy to light/prompt for all extensions. The default in CCM is only the primary line. Unsure if same in CCM Express.

Ginger

I'm 99% that if you select the 2nd extension and then press the message key, it will take you to the VM box for that DN, not the primary. Thats with CCM 4.1(3) and UVM 4.0(4).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: