cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 8841 registration

Ahmed habib
Level 3
Level 3

I did configuration to 2911 router as CME 10.5 and downloaded a firmware of IP Phone 8841 SIP and completed configuration but the phone is showing always (Phone is registering) on screen.

Can anyone help me , I didn't install cme full 10.5 .tar . Is it the problem ?

Here  is the configuration 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Add "source-address X.X.X.X" command under voice register global. "X.X.X.X" will be the IP for Gig0/0.3 interface since you are binding your SIP traffic to this interface. I assume this is also the voice SVI.
Next, if your phones are not in same subnet as your CME, you need to add "authenticate register" under voice register global and configured each pool with a username/password since CME won't do a MAC authentication.

View solution in original post

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Another suggestion. Upgrade the CME to 11.0. 8841 phones are natively supported on that CME version and you won't have to do fast track configuration that you have at the moment. Phone firmware will need to be upgraded to "10-3-1" as well.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme11spc.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Add "source-address X.X.X.X" command under voice register global. "X.X.X.X" will be the IP for Gig0/0.3 interface since you are binding your SIP traffic to this interface. I assume this is also the voice SVI.
Next, if your phones are not in same subnet as your CME, you need to add "authenticate register" under voice register global and configured each pool with a username/password since CME won't do a MAC authentication.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Another suggestion. Upgrade the CME to 11.0. 8841 phones are natively supported on that CME version and you won't have to do fast track configuration that you have at the moment. Phone firmware will need to be upgraded to "10-3-1" as well.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme11spc.html

Thanks very much  

Hope that was helpful. Have a nice one.

thanks a lot, work for me, i tried every thing but i miss to check the compatibility of the CM witch cause this issue.