Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Not displaying Video icon

Hi Team,

I have recently purchased VT camera III to enable video calls.

I installed video advantage software 2.2(1.7) on my PC, connected my PC behind 7942G IP Phone. Enabled PC port and video capability for the phone but still the IP phone is not displaying video icon. Video advantage software console shows that it is not connected to the phone. When I use IP communicator, i am able to see the video icon and the video advantage console shows that it has ditected IP communicator.

I verified and confirmed that CDP is installed on the PC NIC. I was able to ping the phone from PC and was able to telnet the phone IP on port 4224 successfully.

CUCM version 8.0.1

7942 Phone application load version - 9.0.2.0

video advantage software - 2.2(1.7)

VT camera III

Please advise.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Do you use Extension Mobility? The most common cause of this is that you haven't logged out/in to apply the change.

No video icon means the phone won't  be running the CAST protocol requried for CUVA.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your reply.... No, I am not using Extension Mobility. I even tried using a 6941 Phone but still i am not able to see the video icon on phone and when i browse through device information i see Cisco Video advantage disabled even though i have enabled it on the phone.

Please advise.

Thanks

Aravind

Hmm....

In that case, try from a windows machine:

tftp x.x.x.x GET sep111122223333.cnf.xml

Where x.x.x.x is your publisher/tftp server, and the sep name is the name of your phone. Open the downloaded file in notepad, and see if it has 'videoCapabilities' set correctly. POst up the file if you aren't sure.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: