Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone service development

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all.

I am not a pro in development but i am interested in learning xml and developing service for cisco ip phones. I know there is cisco sdk for it (i think) but is there any website or articles that can help me get started ? i know there was 1 book from cisco press but its very old and i think its outdated now. Pls guide me

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

John,

Check out http://developer.cisco.com/web/ipps . There you will find some documents as well as a forum which lots of queries answered. Eventually, when you have doubts, you may open a thread there & Cisco Developers will respond to your query. Pls feel free to explore every available option there to learn IP Phone service development.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Sir, i already told that i am not a pro but still i will try their forums. I was looking for any article that might have explained some custom application step by step to get me started

I thought, you would find the Overview & Resources section of the link useful even to get started. Likewise, there are lot of other venues which if explored can be useful. Searching the forum, can result in finding some documents asked by learners like you.

Apart from the above link, lets see if other folks can provide any other great links.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Hi John

I have that book - there is new stuff for sure, but in terms of the operation of the phone's browser and the XML objects you can use, the basics are still the same. The book does a reasonable job of going over the basics which isn't something you can expect from the Cisco SDK docs. To be honest I'm quite experienced with the various APIs now but a lot of the documentation isn't clear, and I'm sure that's not (always) a lack of understanding on my part.

The question would really be 'what do you want to do?'. There are a wealth of APIs available for providing various functionality and the interface presented on the phones may only be a small part of it.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: