cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip Voice Media Streaming App down

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We have a customer that the Steaming App consitently shuts down.

Service status is DOWN.

Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App.

The alert is generated on Tue Aug 12

We have gathered the core dumps and they appear to be over the 50 mb limit to parse...how can I try to see what is causing the service to crash. They are running System version: 5.1.3.1000-12. I have searched the bug toolkit and can't find anything..I have also thought about upgrading to 5.1(4)...don't know if this will resolve the issue. This is a two server cluster and it happens on the 2nd node (where the phones register to).

Thanks,

Joe

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Use the following steps:

1) Service ->Service Parameters

2) Choose the Call Manager (Publisher) from the pull down menu.

3) In the pull down menu choose 'IP Voice Media Streaming Apps'; click Insert.

4) If the IP Voice Media Streaming App service is running already, the MOH Server will register with the cluser; If it is not running restart the service.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_2_1/ccmcfg/b06cmprf.html

Thanks for the reply...the instructions you sent are for 4.2..I am using 5.1 ...The issue I am having is the the Voice Media Stream continues to stop on the subscriber. I am now experiencing an issue with the Meet Me feature...conference is up but all parties hear silence. This is a two server cluster and both servers are running the CCM server as well as the Voice Media Streaming APP. I have other clusters with this same setup and have not had any issues. I will most likely reset the Callmanager after hours to see if that resolves the issue.

If you have any other insight I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,

Joe