cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPC Softphone will not dial out gets a fast busy

bobsloan
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed IPC 7.0.5.0 on my Windows 7 box. I have 7942 series phone it works through. I have purhased a CS50 Plantronics wireless headset to work with both the IPC and my 7942. When I go to use the CS50 I can hear the numbers being dialed then it goes to a fast busy.  When I dial from a external number I can answer using my IPC and CS50. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

13 Replies 13

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

OK, what happens if you eliminate the headset and simply use PC speakers to make an outbound call, are you still getting fast busy?

Is this CUCM or CME deployment? What version?  Is the IPC configured properly on CUCM to route calls, i.e. proper Calling Search Space if using CUCM?

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for getting back to me.

The IPC still gets a fast busy when I remove the headset.

I am using CUCM 8.5.1.11900-21

I configured it to the same CSS as my desk phone which works fine. Should there be a different CSS just for IPC?

Bob

No need for separate CSS.  Couple of things to validate:

Make sure Device Mobility is not messing you up, to check this change the device mobility setting on IPC to OFF

Are you using the same Device Pool for IPC as hard phone, perhaps this is a codec issue, so make sure same DP is used.

Also, you can use Dialed Number Analyzer under serviceability page to check what is going on.

HTH,

Chris

I had the Device Mobility set to default so changed to off.

I am using the same DP for IPC and hard phone and I have ran the analyzer but I don’t see any differences between the hard phone and the IPC.

Bob

Can you post screen shots of the Phone and IPC configuration as well as the DN configurations?

Are you using MGCP or H323/SIP GW?

Chris

Phone conf on hard phone

DN on hard phone

IPC Phone conf

IPC DN

Thanks – hope this explains what I am missing!

Bob

Yeah, the config is the same on both. So, lets see what happens on the GW, do you know if MGCP or H323 is used and what type of circuit is used for PSTN access?  If you can please post the GW config.

Chris

H.323

I need "show run" from the actaul GW.

Chris

Oh sorry new to this. Will get!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: