Views
Helpful
Replies

Is HP DL320-G6 is working with CCM 4.3?

Tamer Ismail
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have 3 Cisco CallManager clusters with 6 MCS-7825-H3 servers, I just want to buy another server as spear part in case any server crash.

But I found in HP only one server DL320-G6 (which is obsolete).

Can anyone confirm is that server will work with CCM 4.3 or not, I didn't find it in data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/ps7042/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e321f.html

Thanks for advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tamer,

Looks are G5s are the latest CUCM 4.3 supported, G6 will most likely fail hardware compatibility check and not install.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tamer,

Looks are G5s are the latest CUCM 4.3 supported, G6 will most likely fail hardware compatibility check and not install.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I found that in Cisco documents.

But what do you think if we removed both hard disks from old MCS-7825-H3 server and plug them in DL320-G6...

That can work?

Good question, technically it should, the only issue I see is if you tried to patch it, but since there is not more patches being delivered for Windows based CUCM you should not need to worry about that.

Chris

Actually I should buy this server DL320-G6 for thousands of dollars, so I'm discussing here this point to not go for buying such server and become not supported and I don't use it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: