Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Is IMP server one of 20th in CUCM 10.x server cluster?

The maxium server number of CUCM cluster is 20. Do this 20 servers include all of the CUCM, IMP and Cisco Unity Connection servers?

I noticed that we should add one 'CUCM IM and Presence' server in CUCM before CUP installation. So can we say: IMP server is one of the 20th in CUCM 10.x cluster?

and how about Cisco Unity connection? It seems that we don't need to add one Cisco Unity Connection before CUC installation.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

To the best of my knowledge,

To the best of my knowledge, no, IM&P do not count against the 20 nodes, those refer to CUCM only.

CUC has definitely nothing to do with the 20 nodes count.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
VIP Gold

Hi Jamie,As per below upgrade

Hi Jamie,

As per below upgrade guide IM & P is a count against 20 nodes only. Just I was going through the CUCM upgrade guide and remembered this post, so decided to post.

Cluster size: The total number of servers in a cluster, including the publisher node, TFTP server, media servers, and IM and Presence nodes can not exceed 20., and the maximum number of IM and Presence nodes in a cluster is 6.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_U4214F9D_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-100.pdf

Suresh

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

To the best of my knowledge,

To the best of my knowledge, no, IM&P do not count against the 20 nodes, those refer to CUCM only.

CUC has definitely nothing to do with the 20 nodes count.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thank you, Jaime

Thank you, Jaime

VIP Gold

Hi Jamie,As per below upgrade

Hi Jamie,

As per below upgrade guide IM & P is a count against 20 nodes only. Just I was going through the CUCM upgrade guide and remembered this post, so decided to post.

Cluster size: The total number of servers in a cluster, including the publisher node, TFTP server, media servers, and IM and Presence nodes can not exceed 20., and the maximum number of IM and Presence nodes in a cluster is 6.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_U4214F9D_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-100.pdf

Suresh

Views
Helpful
Replies