cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to delete voice messages in Unity Connection via admin tool?

sdavids5670
Level 2
Level 2

I'm having trouble believing that this cannot be done but I'm having trouble finding a way to do it thru the Unity Connection web admin interface. Is there a tool that will allow me, as an administrator, to clear out all existing voice messages for a single user (whether new, saved, or deleted)?

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do this by accessing the user's PCA inbox (which you can jump to via the SA if the user's COS is configured to allow for PCA access).

The Bulk Delete tool has a user reset option which includes the ability to just clear out messages - check out the help file for details on its home page:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CUC_BulkUserDelete.htm

Hi Jeff

I was trying to do the same thing but when i jumped trough the SA I dont see Unity Inbox, only Unity Assistante and Personal transfer rules.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alex

PS: Any future book about Unity Connection?

Make sure the user you are testing with has the COS option to allow access to messages via the web interface (this is not on by default).

No plans for another book - after burning many hundreds of hours writing and editing that first book I think I've had my fill of the publication world! I believe I netted about $3.88 an hour give or take... something like that.

Hi Jeff

Sorry for my insistence, but I have Unity Connection 7.1(2a) and i could not find the click for this. Could you point me what this option is?

Thanks

Alex

Hi -

Another option you can use is IMAP from the user's Outlook to the Unity Connection mailbox (providing the IMAP service is started on your Exchange server. Access from Outlook the new folder (is a different inbox than primary Outlook inbox) and delete the voice messages. Note that deleting from Outlook using IMAP option "strikes out" the deleted messages. You then have to go to Outlook and "purge" the messages from the Unity Connection mailbox.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: