cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to setup one service virtual IP for CUCM cluster?

P3Myee
Level 1
Level 1

Experts,

I mean for example 3x call managers in one culster, i need one CUCM virtual floating IP to be published to others system, in this case no matter any cluster member goes down, the virtual IP can be on line.

Seems impossible but i would like to have a enquiry here.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Afaik this is not possible

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi

It depends why you want to do this:

1) For IP phones to get SCCP/SIP service, it's not required or desirable as CUCM will manage the failover of phones and allocation of phones based on CallManager groups etc.

2) For things like port 8080/8443 access to services like EM or other menus, it is possible. The functionality is not built into CUCM however, you would be expected to use a load balancer to achieve this.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron,

Due cost no load balancer will be there.

Hi

Without a load balancer your other option is round-robin DNS:

- create an multiple A records for 'callmanager.yourdomain.com' for each of your CUCM servers

- point phone services, users and admins at that domain

- for this to work with SSL you must run 'set web-security' with the alternate hostname appended as the last parameter to get the 'virtual' hostname into the CSRs, and then reissue certificates to the servers. This will break your license MAC if you do it on the publisher.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: