cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to automate UCxn account creation?

Scott Jones
Level 1
Level 1

We're running Unity Connection 9.1 currently.  An issue that has been haunting me for a while is the fact that even though we're LDAP sync'd, there's still no automated way to import accounts.  I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a way (or has seen something third-party) that can help automate this process? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Once you go to 10 you can use Prime Provisioning to do all in one step.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure there is, use Bulk Administration to import users in bulk using a csv file.

HTH,

Chris

Once you go to 10 you can use Prime Provisioning to do all in one step.

HTH

java

HTH

java

That's more along the lines of what I was looking for...aside from Prime, are there any other tools that do something similar, but don't hammer you quite so bad on price-point?  I love Provisioning, but it's a tough sell with the number of phones we have currently.

Thanks Java

Good luck with Prime, even version 10 is not ready for "Prime", lots of shortcomings.

Chris

AFAIK (don't trust me 100% on this) Prime Provisioning is going to be free for 10.X, at least the basic version (which will do all you want), I believe there's a PRO version, but that's only if you have multiple clusters and need stuff like SDKs.

Other than that, I don't think we provide/sell anything else, you would need to build your own apps and use the SDKs from CUCM/CUC/IM&P/etc to do the same.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Jamie, you are correct on all accounts.  The problem is the provisioning portion does not have much improvement over current version 9, and still lacks expected features such as simple order to provision advanced features i.e. mobile connect, presence, etc.

HTH,

Chris

Good to know I got that right

We're just starting to get our hands on the 4 Prime apps, and only the 10.x versions, we didn't handle the previous releases, and won't do it, so, I really cannot compare how much of an improvement there is from the old releases.

At least from the training and the demos I've seen, I think it's a good first step towards a single interface for all the UC apps, once I get some hands on experience in my lab, I'll be able to comment on what can be done and what can't be done with it.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Interesting info!  Thanks again

SJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: