Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to script finding users in Unity and CUCM

I currently get a list once a month of all users who no longer work for our company. As we roll out more VOIP installs the list grows and the old way of doing things needs to change. Currently I search one by one through CUCM and Unity to see if the user is assigned a phone. I would like to be able to pull a list of all users from both Unity and CUCM put that into a spread sheet and then compare my attrition spread sheet to that spread sheet therby speeding up the process of determining which users might be assigned a phone.

Note company hires warehouse workers and they come and go frequently and are not assigned phones but, they along with users with phones are all dumped into a spread sheet so I have no way of know who is who.

1. I have a spread sheet with names on it both people with and without phones

2. I would like to download a list so I can compare the two and determine which ones have phones

I am open to other ideas and suggestions to make the laborious task easier.

Thank You in advance

2 Replies 2

Guess everyone must be on Vacation which is good.....will bring this up again later

Seems easy enough on the face of it - unless there's something I'm not getting - are you talking Unity or Unity Connection (folks often just say "Unity" as shorthand for either) - if you're dealing with Unity then you'll have to dance with ODBC which isnt' the end of the world but doing it from "script" is going to be a challange.  If you're talking about Unity Connection you can also use ODBC but you have the option for an HTTP REST search for users by name.

So it's just a matter of searching by name and getting matches back (names are not guranteed to be unique of course, assuming you mean name as first/last/display name and not alias).  It can kick out all matches I suppose and include the extension number.  Unity and Unity connecton _always_ have extension numbers (it's required) so I'm unsure what someone "without a phone" would look like in Unity/Connection - that's a bit odd - how do they check messages?  And without a phone why do they have a voice mail account?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: