ISM, Live Reply, 4.0(3) and 4.0(4)

fn3247
Level 1
Level 1
7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was this an accidental post with no body?

Yes, a colleague just pointed out that I left this one out, sorry Jeff - although I'm pretty sure I typed up an explanation. Ah well..

I'm looking for clarification on enhancements to ISM, as well as some illumination on Live Reply limits. I understand 4.0(3) incorporates improvements to ISM, allowing ISM to also match subscribers that exist on another server (networked of course). Although I can't find it in the release notes, so I'm looking for verification on this point.

My second question is regarding Live Reply. According to the information I have, Live Reply has similar limitations to what ISM has under 4.0(2) and my question is will Live Reply allow users to reply to messages from users on different servers (dial plan considerations aside) in future releases?

For the ISM question, yes you heard right. With 4.0(3) Unity will support ISM as long as the subscribers are in the same dialing domain. See the

"Enabling Identified Subscriber Messaging Between Networked Cisco Unity Servers" section in the Digital Networking Guide -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801ba3a8.html#37492

Yes Live Reply is limited in 4.0(3) and before to just the subscribers that are homed on the same server. With 4.0(4) we will allow live reply to subscribers on a remote Unity server in the same dialing domain. There will be some work required on setting up some numbers etc.

okay...Just so I am clear. Unity 4.03sr1 with Digital networking to 2 other Unity servers does not let you do Live reply to the subscribers on the other unity boxes. Even though they are digitally networked and in the same dialing domain?

Unity 4.0(4) includes cross box transfers and cross box sign in functionality that allows you to do this.

Thank You...My next question is. Can I install a 4.04 server and and do Digital Networking with 4.03 servers?

Yes, Digital Networking between 4.03 and 4.04 servers works. However, cross-server live reply won't work (requires all the servers to be at 4.04 or later).

Here's a doc on the new live reply stuff:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/whitpapr/crossbox.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: