cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue installing CUCM IM and Presence 10.5

BaldwinRB
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting to install CUCM IM and Presence server into our CUCM 10.5 cluster.  

We've added the CUCM IM server under System->Servers using the IP address we have assigned to it.  We also have the hostname of our CUCM server set as the IP address of the server.

DNS resolves both via forward and reverse lookups.  We receive the attached message.

One item that concerns me is that from what I've been reading prior versions of CUCM required an Application Server be added for CUCM IM/Presence, I don't see the option on our server.  I've attached that as well.

I've looked over the documentation a few times, but it's possible I missed a step.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The main difference between previous version and 10.x, is that in 10.x you need to define the IM&P server as you would do with CUCM SUBs in the CUCM PUB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime - thanks.  I've added the IM/Presence server as a subscriber on my publisher, but still receive that same error.

Are you sure there's nothing blocking communication between the two servers??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I suspected that at first as well.  Both are on the same esxi host and are in the same Virtual Machine port group.  The CUCM server can ping the IM/Presence server.  I can't get into the IM/Presence server to ping the CUCM server, but can ping the CUCM server from every other device on the network, so I don't suspect that CUCM would be blocking that single device.  

To test I even went as far as suspending the IM/Presence server, setting up a laptop with the IP of the IM/Presence server and tried to ping the CUCM server. I was able to.

For some reason the 3rd install attempt worked.  There aren't really that many steps in the install, so I'm sure we did nothing different.

Thanks for helping out on it.

Robert

Thanks Guys. Run into same issue and this helped.

So the IM and P has to be added in CUCM under System -> Servers.

When will Cisco just enable a tick box to activate all these features? I know it will require platform redesign but running through all these hoops and loops just to enable chat?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: