Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISsue with CUE while in SRST mode

My environment is as follows: Centralized callmanagers with gateways running SRST and CUE.

My issue is with users that have voicemail accounts but no phone. In steady-state the DID os forwarded to CUE by CTI port. When in SRST mode the call is busy. Since the CTI ports dont register with SRST, there is nothing to forward the call to CUE. Has anyone heard of a workaround for this?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ISsue with CUE while in SRST mode

Are the calls for the CUE site coming into the same router where the CUE is located? Basically, if the calls are being plar'd to the Route Point in CUE (or if it's a PRI that is MGCP controlled); then in SRST mode, it should be H323 and there should be a dial-peer in the router (for that destination number--the one being plar'd to or the DID numbers) pointing to CUE. Then in CUE there need to be triggers ("show ccn trigger" in CUE) for those numbers which spawn the voicemail application.

i've done this and the caller gets the login prompt. I need CUE to play that mailboxes greeting. Can this be done?

Cisco Employee

Hmm... ok, that makes sense, since it's not a forwarded call. You'll need CUE 2.1.1 or later. What you can do is create a custom auto attendant script associated with that number that you're plar'ing to (i.e. so you'll send the call to the custom AA instead of voicemail). In there, all you do is have the steps:

Accept

Call Subflow (xfermailbox.aef)

End

You'll need to add an 'mbox' variable (type String) that contains the extension of the mailbox that you want to send the call to.

Basically you're following the steps here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a00802ab979.shtml#update

Views
Helpful
Replies