Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Issues with Unity 4.0(4)

I am installing a new Unity 4.0(4)SR1 server and from what I can tell I have configured everything according to the documents and things for the most part seem to work with the exception of retrieving messages. The issue that I am facing is that I can call and phone and it will prompt me to leave a message for the subscriber but the message never gets delivered (MWI never turns on either and I have verified that MWI works). The response the system gives when I check the mail box is first "Your messages are not available now" and if I try and force the check new messages the system responds with "This system is temporarily unable to complete your call". Anyone have an idea as to what is going on?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Issues with Unity 4.0(4)

Well, kind of hard to say based on just this description but it's pretty obvious we're not connected to the mailstore properly (you didn't indicate if this is Exchange or Domino - I'm guessing Exchange).

The application event log will likely have errors during the startup process and will certainly have errors when you try to get your messages.

My wild guess would be the account associated with your message store service (AvCsMgr) does not have rights to the mailstore(s) users are on - but that's a shot in the dark - you should probably open a case with TAC, it's hard to troubleshoot problems like this in a forum setting.

Yes we are using Exchange 2003 SP1; the funny thing is I have checked Unity and the Exchange server for errors and I see none. I have re-run the permissions wizard twice with no luck.

Figured out what was going on; apparently the permissions wizard was not assigning the proper permissions on the particular OU that was specified.

Views
Helpful
Replies