cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber cop file installation

michaelfine77
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is documentation that gives direction on installing cop files? I am trying to install cop files for Jabber for windows to get desktop sharing enabled. I went to the OS admin doc and it gives no specific direction....see below.

COP File Installation

The following guidelines apply to installing COP files. If the documentation for a specific COP file contradicts these general guidelines, follow the COP file documentation:

•Install the COP file on every server in a cluster.

•After you install a COP file, you must restart the server.

NoteYou must restart Cisco Unified Communications Manager to ensure that configuration changes that are made during the COP file installation get written into the database. Cisco recommends that you perform this restart during an off-peak period.

I believe I need to install the cop file via the install/upgrade process to all servers and then reset all there servers. The reason I want documentation is that I need to know if I am installing the files like an upgrade and changing partitions, or is this something that can be installed while in production that will not affect processing until I choose to reset the servers?

Version 8.6

Thanks

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

OK - so:

ciscocm.installcsfdevicetype.cop.sgn - you need this if you don't see the Cisco Unified Client Services Framework in the list when you click 'Add a phone' in CCMAdmin.

cmterm-csf-dialrule-wizard-0.1.cop.sgn - this isn't an 'install' as such, but generates a text file on the TFTP server that replicates what is in the App Dial Rules menu in CCMAdmin at that moment in time. In other words, if you modify the app dial rules, you run this again every time to regenerate the rules.

cmterm-bfcp-e.8-6-2.cop.sgn - needed on 8.6.2 to enable BFCP

ciscocm.addcsfsupportfield.cop.sgn - this adds a field to the CUCSF device type in the 'Product Specific Configuration' section. As far as I'm aware the only use this field has is to allow setting a non-default configuration file for that particular Jabber client. I'm not sure why this needs to be a seperate file but I would install this anyway just in case you need it.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael

You start the process as you would an upgrade, but there is no switch version required. It simply patches your current partition. Depending on the type of the cop you may or may not need to restart the server or some services, but as a rule I would assume that you need to.

Install it on each server, then restart them one by one allowing them to come back up fully to avoid interuptions to service.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron, I will give that a try. I also am struggling to figure out exactly which cop files to install. I know the BFCP cop file is needed for desktop sharing, but the Jabber for windows install had (4) cop files. We are 8.6 on Call Manager and I am not sure where to check if some of these cop files are already installed.

Thanks

CiscoJabber-Admin-ffr.9-0-1.zip

CUCM\

=====

ciscocm.addcsfsupportfield.cop.sgn

- Description: This file can be installed on pre 9.0 versions of CUCM to add a "Cisco Support Field" to the CSF Phone Configuration page. It should only be used if the "Cisco Support Field" has not already be added by the installation of a CUCM maintenance release. This field can be populated with a semi-colon separated list of custom settings to assist with the deployment of the Jabber.

cmterm-bfcp-e.8-6-2.cop.sgn

- Description: Allows BFCP to be enabled for Client Services Framework devices on CUCM 8.6.2.

cmterm-csf-dialrule-wizard-0.1.cop.sgn

- Description: The Dial Rules Wizard file that is needed to run the Dial Rule Wizard to create and deploy Application & Directory Lookup Rule.

ciscocm.installcsfdevicetype.cop.sgn

- Description: The Cisco Unified Client Services Framework device definition COP file needed ONLY for CUCM releases that do not have the Cisco Unified Client Services Framework device already defined.

Hi

OK - so:

ciscocm.installcsfdevicetype.cop.sgn - you need this if you don't see the Cisco Unified Client Services Framework in the list when you click 'Add a phone' in CCMAdmin.

cmterm-csf-dialrule-wizard-0.1.cop.sgn - this isn't an 'install' as such, but generates a text file on the TFTP server that replicates what is in the App Dial Rules menu in CCMAdmin at that moment in time. In other words, if you modify the app dial rules, you run this again every time to regenerate the rules.

cmterm-bfcp-e.8-6-2.cop.sgn - needed on 8.6.2 to enable BFCP

ciscocm.addcsfsupportfield.cop.sgn - this adds a field to the CUCSF device type in the 'Product Specific Configuration' section. As far as I'm aware the only use this field has is to allow setting a non-default configuration file for that particular Jabber client. I'm not sure why this needs to be a seperate file but I would install this anyway just in case you need it.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: