Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber trying to use WebEx as login

I have setup Expressway and was able to get it working to allow me to log on externally through it.  The only problem I have now is when I try to log on from a new client I want to use the default "Automatic" option for the account type.  When I do this and type in username@example.com but when I do this it keeps trying to log me in through webex.  I don't know why this is as we do not have cloud based webex.  I do see the _collab-edge dns request and it responds with the correct dns entry for the expressway-e.  How can I stop it from trying to use webex as the log on without having to manually tell it to use IM&P.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cameron, please check with Cisco that your domain isn't a registered Webex domain. How it should work is, it fetch the Webex URL, see your domain isn't a Webex domain, then look for collab-edge or cisco-uds. If you are hitting the Webex login, then you may unknowingly have a domain configured on the Webex system.

To disable Webex service discovery, add this to your jabber-config.xml file:

<Policies>
   <ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>WEBEX</ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>
 </Policies>

Regards

Sean

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure the .xml config file to exclude the webex option to achieve that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What .xml file do I need to configure and what changes need to be made?  This change would then have to be made for every user.  Also we have the same issue on IPhone/Android Jabber devices.

Cameron, please check with Cisco that your domain isn't a registered Webex domain. How it should work is, it fetch the Webex URL, see your domain isn't a Webex domain, then look for collab-edge or cisco-uds. If you are hitting the Webex login, then you may unknowingly have a domain configured on the Webex system.

To disable Webex service discovery, add this to your jabber-config.xml file:

<Policies>
 </Policies>

Regards

Sean

Thanks Sean.  I did some digging and it looks like one of our remote offices is using cloud WebEx that I didn't know about and that is what is messing us up here.  So even though they are not using WebEx for IM&P it still responds and take priority over the collab-edge srv.

If I want to use the second option of adding the lines to the jabber-config.xml then everyone would have to first log onto jabber in the office to get the new xml before it would work through the Expressway correct?

Hi Cameron,

I must admit that I haven't tested jabber-config.xml from an external MRA connection so I'm not entirely certain on your question of whether they need to be in the office, however; even on-prem, I believe the default first option would be to go to the Webex URL first, so you potentially may have to block the webex domain interally for a time, or use one of the install arguments and re-install the app (hopefully you have some sort of GPO mechanism).

Something like this should work:

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi EXCLUDED_SERVICES=WEBEX

Hey Sean,

So I looked into the WebEx thing a bit more and it is actually using a different domain then the domain being used to log into Jabber.  Having said that though WebEx is still replying to both domains.  I asked WebEx to find out why and they have been stumped for a few days and are trying to figure it out for me.  I think at this point the answer is going to be with them.

Mikhail Lapin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have the same problem and my domain is a registered Webex domain. I don't want to use Webex during Jabber login. I've already changed jabber-config.xml and it did not help me. Maybe somebody knows what should be done?

Thanks

Jabber-config file won't help you here

You can customized the jabber for windows using orca and then set the exclude webex service parameter to true.

However its not very effective way of doing it. Because the mac and other clients will still face issue. There are ways you can come over them as well, but frankly its not very user friendly.

Better call cisco and ask them to turn off presence services on the domain.

Rgds,

Alok

We have edited the the Jabberconfig file & this has worked fine for a few months, however this behavious has started again. I've checjed the config file and can see the entry

Any ideas as to why this is reoccuring?

@lowfell Suggest that you create your own post instead of asking your question on an old and marked as answered post as that would likely get you more help and attention.

Response Signature

Will do thanks Roger.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: