cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Join MeetMe Conf thru Unity Call Handler

toddcarp123
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to join MeetMe conferences through a single call handler? We have a range of 100 meet-me numbers (85XX). Is there any wildcard setting in Unity or way of transfering calls to extensions that don't exist in Unity without having to set up a call handler for each number?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Todd Tew
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same issue wanted to transfer to phones that did not have mailboxes and allow the Unity AA Call Handlers to send calls to our Meet-Me #'s.

I did not want to create a call hanler for each phone that did not have a mailbox or Meet-Me # so we changed to using the "Caller System Transfer".

Now our AA says press "1" to reach your parties extension then they dial any extension in the phone system for any phone or Meet-Me and Unity does an unsupervised transfer to CallManager.

There is a confirmation "safety" that reads back the number - it is a registry key to remove - and since most people find it annoying we removed it.

However because Unity just send the call to CallManager there is the posibility of calls being disconnected if the extension does not exist or the phone is not available.

I recommend a translation pattern in CallManager we do 2XXX and 3XXX - all our extensions start with 2 or 3 and translate the call to our operator. This covers the "missing" phone disconnect problem.

I have set this up with CallManager 4.2 and 5.1 with Unity 4.0(5) and 4.2(1)

Hope this helps.

Todd Tew
Senior Solutions Architect
ConvergeOne
(678) 537-6198 | TTew@ConvergeOne.com
www.convergeone.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Todd Tew
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same issue wanted to transfer to phones that did not have mailboxes and allow the Unity AA Call Handlers to send calls to our Meet-Me #'s.

I did not want to create a call hanler for each phone that did not have a mailbox or Meet-Me # so we changed to using the "Caller System Transfer".

Now our AA says press "1" to reach your parties extension then they dial any extension in the phone system for any phone or Meet-Me and Unity does an unsupervised transfer to CallManager.

There is a confirmation "safety" that reads back the number - it is a registry key to remove - and since most people find it annoying we removed it.

However because Unity just send the call to CallManager there is the posibility of calls being disconnected if the extension does not exist or the phone is not available.

I recommend a translation pattern in CallManager we do 2XXX and 3XXX - all our extensions start with 2 or 3 and translate the call to our operator. This covers the "missing" phone disconnect problem.

I have set this up with CallManager 4.2 and 5.1 with Unity 4.0(5) and 4.2(1)

Hope this helps.

Todd Tew
Senior Solutions Architect
ConvergeOne
(678) 537-6198 | TTew@ConvergeOne.com
www.convergeone.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: