Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Language support CME 7.1

Hello everyone,

I am running cme 7.1 on a 2821 box (in a test environment), My Goal was to deploy it on a remote TFTP server. SO far np i can get phone to pick up their configuration file and system file. I can also configure the phone np.

i have a few old phones at my disposal 7905 and 7940 for which i would like to deploy several language template. As far as i remembered the network-locale and user-locale were the one in charge of language and tones. After many failures i decided to check it up on the web and downloaded language support pack for my cme version aka CME-locale-fr_FR-French-7.0.1.1.

But after extraction and more reading i found out that those files were not those i needed (newer phones files so it seems). AFter yet again more reading i found out some source saying version 7.1 and higher, language support for those phones were already incorporated into the system through the network-locale and user locale command.

End of the day i start again on a clean sheet minus the remote tftp just to make sure but still aint cutting it phone are not changing their language interface.

Since i already lost close to 24 hours on this issue i'd appreciate any helpi can get because i cant find some really accurate document regarding this and the result i am getting is definetely inconsistent with the documents i went through

(PS i also tried to get and update IOS version)

6 REPLIES
Blue

Language support CME 7.1

Hi,

Go to following path and download your locale.

Downloads Home -->Products --> Voice and Unified Communications  --> IP Telephony -->Unified Communications Platform  -->

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express  -->Unified Communications Manager Express Individual File Set-7.0.1.1

Install locale using following procedure.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmelocal.html#wp1083073

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Re: Language support CME 7.1

Hi Ronak,

Thanks for the answer  i already tried it though and extracted the files even on my remote tftp and according to the documents the files provided do not include support for 7940-7960 and 7905 for french spain etc... (however after trying to open locale file for czech i found the support files for those phones)

you can find a list of the matching files on the link below the file name for 7940 and 7905 are very straightforward as they include their model number.

I am working on something now Will let you know if works out properly.

Language support CME 7.1

Ok so after many hours finally found out where the issue came from.

So these files as CIsco Says are already integrated into the system for the specified phones so no add on is required.

The tricky part comes when you want to change the ephone template on the phone with the new locales, it prompts you for a phone reset but you have to go back to telephony service and update the cnf-file first with the create cnf command.

Also you do want the cnf-perphone command to be turned on and if you are using remote tftp like me cnf location tftp tftp:// IPAddress or DNS of your tftp server    

So apparently and as i suspected working with a remote tftp is setting a problem for the system suported language such as french deutch and spain as the phones are looking for them in the remote tftp server whereas they are available on CME.

So if anyone knows how to export the spain french or deutch language support file from cme to remote tftp for CME 7.1,

ou are most welcome to send me a link

Thanks for those who will answer

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Language support CME 7.1

Why remote TFTP?

Keep these file on CME router and that will be fine.

Generally the phone needs to download them only once.

well i kidna like the flexibility to edit xml files through a remote tftp server. also like to be able to easily add files such as ring tones or background image on upper hands phones. And since i need a tftp server if only to back up my network device config every now and then i figured i would try to centralize everything.

Right now the problemi face with a remote tftp is that i cant change locales as i please on 7940-7960 7905 (even if i dont need to very often I like to know things work or it bugs me).

after some tweaking around i found out where those files are hiding though and managed to copy them on my remote tftp but seems like there are some more missing network locale can change but user locale so far not.

But well if anyone is interested some of the system files for the 7940-7960 7905 are at the following location:

system:/its/france/ (or whatever the supported country you are looking for is)

so a simple copy system:/its/france/name of the files tftp will copy those files.

That being said i still didnt manage to get all the files needed so it seems because as said above didnt manage to change the user locales (interface language) for those 2 phones

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content