cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP Integration

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a Unity Connection 8.6 and Callmanager 8.6  that is going to integrate into both CUC an CUCM. Today there is nothing in the 'Phone' field today.

DO you need the 'Phone' field occupied in AD?

I cannot find the document but I seem to remember reading in one of the DOCs, that if there is no phone number , then users will not get imported into Unity.

Thanks in advance             

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you need the phone field populated. Even though CUC will see users without phone field, however you will not be able to import this users especially if they are voicemail users.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

You can import users without phone numbers by entering the extension as you import them, or if you do this in bulk by specifying the extension in the import file.

On CUCM you don't import users, they show up automatically, if they don't have phone number you will not be able to look them up in corporate directory and press Dial to call them, other than that everything else will be operational.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you need the phone field populated. Even though CUC will see users without phone field, however you will not be able to import this users especially if they are voicemail users.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

You can import users without phone numbers by entering the extension as you import them, or if you do this in bulk by specifying the extension in the import file.

On CUCM you don't import users, they show up automatically, if they don't have phone number you will not be able to look them up in corporate directory and press Dial to call them, other than that everything else will be operational.

HTH,

Chris

Chris you are busy. This one my other question on UCCE

You were right I forgot unity let's you edit during the import if no extension is there

Customer debating on what field to sync on CUCM

I will rate and mark later when I have my laptop

I must be loosing my mind.  I should have remembered that

I think it was simpler back in the 3.0.6 days

Thanks again